Maintaining the Natural Look of Your Teeth
If you found out that you have a cavity, you may be cringing at the thought of having an unattractive metal filling placed in your tooth. Fortunately, when you visit The Dental Office at Chestnut Hill, you have the option of receiving a tooth-colored filling that no one will even notice! There are two different types of tooth-colored fillings that you can choose from—composite resin (which is made of glass and plastic) and porcelain.
Composite resin fillings are much less damaging than traditional metal fillings due to the fact that they can be bonded directly to the tooth and do not require drilling and cutting. Furthermore, their flexibility allow for less stress to be placed on the tooth during chewing, which can help prevent future cracking of the tooth.
Some of the many benefits of tooth-colored fillings include:
- The preservation of your tooth’s natural look
- The reduced level of damage to your tooth during the filling process
- The filling’s higher level of flexibility, which provides greater protection for your tooth
Our Chestnut Hill dentists can discuss your options for receiving tooth-colored fillings. If you have a cavity that is especially deep, you may need a tooth-colored filling made of porcelain rather than composite resin. Contact our dental office at (617) 969-8558 and schedule a visit!
The Experience You Deserve
- Plenty of Parking
- Flexible Payment Options
- Over 25 Years of Experience
- Conveniently Located on Rt. 9
- State-of-the-Art Dental Technology
- Comfortable and Personalized Care