Dental Implants in Newton
State of the Art Cosmetic Dentistry
If you have missing teeth, dental implants offer a unique tooth replacement option to restore the look and function of your smile. Durable, effective, and aesthetically pleasing, implants are the only treatment available for a missing tooth that prevents the loss of bone mass in your jaw. Our experienced dental team at The Dental Office at Chestnut Hill proudly offers the industry’s latest dental implant technology to patients in Newton, MA and the surrounding areas. Learn more about dental implants below, and contact our office at (617) 969-8558 to schedule an appointment with us today!
About Dental Implants
Dental implants continue to grow in popularity as tooth implant technology and treatment options improve. Today’s implants offer both a brilliant cosmetic solution to missing teeth, as well as a treatment that will improve your oral health. Dental implants work via a process called osseointegration. First, a small titanium post surgically inserted into the jaw through the gum line. Over time, the natural bone of your jaw fuses with the titanium post of your implant, mimicking the natural roots of your teeth. Once bone fusion has occurred, our dental professionals will add a permanent false tooth, “or “pontic,” the implant, giving you a long-lasting, beautiful tooth replacement.
The Benefits of Dental Implants
- Highly effective at replacing missing teeth, supporting surrounding teeth, and restoring mouth functionality
- Natural looking and feeling — ideal for restoring facial contour and shape
- Extremely durable and strong — while a dental bridge lasts an average of 10.1 years, dental implants remain 95% successful over 20 years or more.
- Will not decay or get cavities
- The only tooth replacement option that prevents bone loss from the jaw, preserving your youthful appearance and protecting your remaining natural teeth.
- Our dental team can successfully place dental implants even if you have lost bone mass in your jaw, thanks to the help of bone graft techniques.
- Easy to care for and maintain
- No adhesives or soaking solutions needed as with dentures
The Dental Implant Procedure: What to Expect
Your dental implant procedure will begins with a meeting between you and our dental team to discuss your individual needs and goals, and formulate a surgical plan going forward. The first surgical step is the placement of the titanium root implant(s), which is placed into the jawbone once you are administered local or general anesthesia. It will take anywhere from 6-12 weeks for your jawbone to fuse to the implant. During this time, you will wear a temporary replacement tooth or set of teeth. Once your bone has properly fused to the implant, our dental team will affix permanent pontics, crowns, or bridgework to your implant.
Who Can Get Dental Implants?
Anyone with healthy gums and an adequate amount of jawbone in which to hold the implant is a great candidate. Commitment to good oral hygiene is a must. Those who smoke heavily or suffer from certain chronic conditions, including cardiovascular disease or diabetes, may or may not qualify, depending on the doctor’s discretion.
Our Newton, MA office has an in-house periodontist who can answer all of your questions regarding dental implants. Call us at (617) 969-8558 to set up your consultation today!
The Experience You Deserve
- Plenty of Parking
- Flexible Payment Options
- Over 25 Years of Experience
- Conveniently Located on Rt. 9
- State-of-the-Art Dental Technology
- Comfortable and Personalized Care